Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/08 18:56:50 UTC

Use Ivy to download from Maven?

Does anyone have some free cycles to look into using Ivy to handle
dependency download management?

http://ivy.jayasoft.org/

It looks like a much better solution than the quicky Grabber Ant task,
even if it means having some kind of external files defining the
dependencies (not necessarily a bad thing, since a dependencies
report, ala Maven, could be generated).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: Use Ivy to download from Maven?

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On 5/9/05, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've "touched" Maven a couple of times (for other projects) since I
> "broke" with it ... and it hasn't improved. Maybe Maven2 will be
> indespensible, but Maven1 gets in the way.

I don't think you are serious about maven2, but we will see :)
I'm producing (right now) a template project based on Tapestry (and
soon on HiveMind) which build on top of maven, thanks also to equinox
which gives me a lot of idea on how things should be done.

Thanks again for these great products
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Use Ivy to download from Maven?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On 5/8/05, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have some free cycles to look into using Ivy to handle
> dependency download management?
>
> http://ivy.jayasoft.org/
>
> It looks like a much better solution than the quicky Grabber Ant task,
> even if it means having some kind of external files defining the
> dependencies (not necessarily a bad thing, since a dependencies
> report, ala Maven, could be generated).

Didn't mean to provoke anyone or start a flame, but have you looked
again at maven after your not so successfully previous experience.
You can still use forrest to build the site/doc without to many problems
Some years has passed by and maybe some things are changed ?

I understand that changing a build system is a big changes in a
project life, just wish to know what do you think about that...

Regards
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com