Posted to dev@htrace.apache.org by Daniel Lee <da...@slice.com> on 2015/07/27 20:33:36 UTC

HTRACE-215 Simplify the Sampler type - discussion

RE: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTRACE-215

I was previously making use of this feature. I was using it to trace
different types of inputs with different probabilities. It looks like
now I'll either have move all tracing logic completely outside of
htrace related classes and only use Always and Never sampler which
seems weird? Why even bother with providing ProbabilitySampler when
(rand.nextDouble() < X ? AlwaysSampler.INSTANCE :
NeverSampler.INSTANCE) is available.

Daniel