Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Tim Burns <tb...@owlmountain.com> on 2000/10/09 20:31:47 UTC

Array bounds writes

Hi,
I am trying to get a Release version of the Xalan processor and I am seeing
the following error in Purify:

[E] ABW: Array bounds write in
XObjectFactoryDefault::XObjectFactoryDefault(void) {1 occurrence}
        Writing 4 bytes to 0x04143538 (4 bytes at 0x04143538 illegal)
        Address 0x04143538 is 9 bytes past the end of a 32 byte block at
0x04143510
        Address 0x04143538 points to a HeapAlloc'd block in heap 0x04140000
        Thread ID: 0x8b0
        Error location
            XObjectFactoryDefault::XObjectFactoryDefault(void)
[XObjectFactoryDefault.cpp:97]
                    m_totalResultTreeFragInstanceCount(0),
                    m_totalSpanInstanceCount(0)
                #endif
             => {
                }

I am also getting segmentation faults in the release version (debug is
working fine).  When I look at the code, I see a suspicious

#if !defined(NDEBUG)
	, m_totalBooleanInstanceCount(0),
	m_totalNodeSetInstanceCount(0),
	m_totalNullInstanceCount(1),
	m_totalNumberInstanceCount(0),
	m_totalStringInstanceCount(0),
	m_totalUnknownInstanceCount(0),
	m_totalResultTreeFragInstanceCount(0),
	m_totalSpanInstanceCount(0)
#endif

What are the circumstances on which array bounds writes may take place in
the XObjectFactoryDefault class?

Thanks,
Tim