Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Scott Waldner <se...@metafile.com> on 2007/08/20 16:39:44 UTC

Multiple methods throwing same fault causes RemoteException

I am using Axis2 to consume a web service (client application).  The web
service has multiple methods that throw the same exception.  For example:

            Method1() throws MyCustomException1

            Method2() throws MyCustomException1

When MyCustomException1 is thrown from Method2 it gets returned from the
generated client stubs as a RemoteException instead of MyCustomException1.

This was working on a nightly build of Axis2 1.2, but is now broken on Axis2
1.3.

I am not an expert at the implementation of Axis2, but here is what I can
see.  It looks like the generated client stubs are ok.  The generated client
stubs are interrogating the exception looking for
"Method2.MyCustomException1".  However, the exception it is comparing
against is actually "Method1.MyCustomException1".  This seems like the cause
of the problem - somehow the exception was mapped wrong because two method
are throwing this same exception.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Scott