Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/08 10:34:25 UTC

wicket-contrib-tinymce problem with multiple editors

Hi,

I would like to use wicket-contrib-tinymce in our project but am
having a bit of a problem.
I am using the 1.0 version from sourceforge in our wicket 1.2.x project.

The problem is that in the html the id of the textarea is set to the
markupid from the component, where TinyMCESettings expects this to be
the the id of the textarea.

I could override getMarkupId in my textarea if only i did not need
multiple editors on one page.
Because i have one panel with one editor which gets used multiple
times in a single page all my editors will end up with the same id.

I saw some mails regarding this problem in my mail archive of this
list but either it was not fixed or it was fixed in the wicket 1.3
branch.
Which we will switch too in due time, but for the moment i am forced
to get this working on wicket 1.2.

Also the reason this problem has not popped up frequently on this list
makes me wonder if i am missing something or if there simply is no one
else using wicket-contrib-tinymce with wicket 1.2 anymore.

If this is indeed a bug i would suggest changing the code to use
getMarkupId instead of getId on the registered textareas.

Thanks,

Maurice

Re: wicket-contrib-tinymce problem with multiple editors

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.
Great.
Thanks.

One more thing though in my current workaround i have to override
getInputName on my textarea to return the markupid, otherwise i don't
get the userinput. Does this sound familiar to you?

My component hierarchy is structured like this:
Page
{
-Panel
--Form
---Panel
----TextArea
} repeat several times

The topmost panel is used to switch the inner most panel between read
and right mode (in write mode we use tinymce). Granting the user the
possibility to edit each property / panel individually. each form is
submitted through an ajaxsubmitlink.

Maurice

Posted by Iulian Costan <iu...@gmail.com>.
Maurice,