Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Swamy, Suraj (Suraj)" <ss...@avaya.com> on 2007/12/04 14:52:06 UTC

State machine not making transition as expected

Hi All,

          I'm facing a weird error wherein my state machine does not
seem to be transitioning as expected. Here is a snapshot of the state
machine

                    <state id="sendMessage">

                  <transition event="incomingmessage"
target="verifyMessage" />

            </state>

            <state id="verifyMessage">

                  <transition event="valid" taget="responseComplete"/>

                  <transition event="invalid" taget="invalidResponse"/>

            </state>

            <state id="invalidResponse">

                  <transition event="incomingmessage"
target="verifyMessage" />

            </state>

            <state id="responseComplete" final="true">

            </state>

      The problem occurs when I'm in state verifyMessage. I fire the
event as follows

executor.triggerEvent(new
TriggerEvent("valid",TriggerEvent.SIGNAL_EVENT));

but the state machine does not move to the target which is
responseComplete. It remains in verifyMessage. I fail to understand this
error. I shall be really thankful if you could shed some light on this
behavior. I'm using release 0.6.

Thanks,

Suraj

Re: [SCXML] State machine not making transition as expected

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Please use [SCXML] prefix to the email subjects (I've added it here)
since this list is shared by many Commons components.

On 12/4/07, Swamy, Suraj (Suraj) <ss...@avaya.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>           I'm facing a weird error wherein my state machine does not
> seem to be transitioning as expected. Here is a snapshot of the state
> machine
>
>                     <state id="sendMessage">
>
>                   <transition event="incomingmessage"
> target="verifyMessage" />
>
>             </state>
>

>             <state id="verifyMessage">
>
>                   <transition event="valid" taget="responseComplete"/>

<snip/>

Typo (taget --> target). We need a validating parser, hopefully the
next draft will contain a usable schema.

-Rahul