Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1995/09/12 14:44:48 UTC

Re: Compiling Apache 0.8.13 under NEXTSTEP

> > What OS is this problem on?
>
> NeXT. I have access to a couple (one old black-hardware, and one HP-715)
>
> % grep RLIMIT_ /usr/include/bsd/sys/resource.h
> #define RLIMIT_CPU      0               /* cpu time in milliseconds */
> #define RLIMIT_FSIZE    1               /* maximum file size */
> #define RLIMIT_DATA     2               /* data size */
> #define RLIMIT_STACK    3               /* stack size */
> #define RLIMIT_CORE     4               /* core file size */
> #define RLIMIT_RSS      5               /* resident set size */
>

> Maybe I should start doing compilation checks on NeXT too. Oh gawd.
>
> rob

It may be more appropriate to use ulimit() on the NeXT. HPsUX, SunOS,
and other BSD variants all seem to have a complete setrlimit function,
but I fully expected there to be an exception. Kind of surprised
that NeXT is defining BSD... But then, I've never seen a NeXT.