Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/09/12 17:51:04 UTC

Let's beef up Avalon profile at Freshmeat

Freshmeat has a feature that let you rate projects.  Since I
"own" the Avalon project record, I can't rate it.  I'm sure
you all will give it high marks ;).

Also, if you all subscribe to the announcements, it helps our
"popularity".  The Popularity rating is calculated as follows:

(record hits * URL hits * subscriptions)^(1/3)

With no subscriptions, our popularity is always 0.

BTW, you have to be a registered user to rate the project.

Currently, the record hits and URL hits are:

record hits: 694
URL hist:    794

With 1 subscriber, our popularity becomes 81.98%
With 2 subscribers, our popularity becomes 103.29%

Note: the popularity rating may be capped at 100%, I'm not sure.