Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by na...@reactor8.com on 2016/01/07 00:40:13 UTC

vancouver apachecon attendance

Hey Bigtoppers,

Just noticed the CFP update email for one month and counting for next
Apachecon in Vancouver.  Wanted to reach out to the group to see if we will
have another block of submissions and attendees like we did for Budapest.

I am going to be out of commission for travel on this one as due date for
baby #2 is the week before, but wanted to offer up any help in coordinating
talks, and if interest for those attending can try to put together a bigtop
workshop up there like we have done in the past for other events.

Drop msg to group for any talk submission(s) you already have done, or are
planning to do.  At very least we should get a "State of the union" talk
that give overview and latest updates, roadmap ideas for rest of 2016 etc.

For those planning to attend drop me a line if interested in participation
of possible workshop day event before the conference and we can plot that
out next couple of months

Nate

Re: vancouver apachecon attendance

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.
I'm hoping to attend Apache Big Data Vancouver, but I don't have anything
to submit, unfortunately.  I was hoping to have something, but all of free
time has been spent working on finishing my Ph.D. (hoping to defend
April-July) -- hence why I've been absent from Bigtop since Budapest.

I will be giving a talk at Spark Summit East however on a customer
segmentation pipeline I developed for Red Hat using Spark.  It combines
customer page views with topic models for knowledge base solutions.  It
would make a good demo app for Bigtop but that's a totally different
discussion for down the line.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 3:40 PM,  <na...@reactor8.com> wrote:
> Just noticed the CFP update email for one month and counting for next
> Apachecon in Vancouver.  Wanted to reach out to the group to see if we will
> have another block of submissions and attendees like we did for Budapest.

Sounds like a great idea to me!

> I am going to be out of commission for travel on this one as due date for
> baby #2 is the week before,

Great news! (and one of the few legit reasons to skip ApacheCON ;-))

As for me -- I'll be there and can help coordinate on-site.

> but wanted to offer up any help in coordinating
> talks, and if interest for those attending can try to put together a bigtop
> workshop up there like we have done in the past for other events.

Great, thanks!

Thanks,
Roman.