Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Craig Green <CG...@bulldog.com> on 2001/07/12 20:31:44 UTC

Interop newbie

Hi,
Has anyone here had a look (and tried) the example from Ibm's "Apache and
Microsoft -- playing nice together" document
(http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-ref3/?dwzone=w
ebservices#Listing2) ?

I've created my WSDL file... but MSSOAP does not seem to like it. I get a
"WSDLReader:Analyzing the WSDL file failed" error on 'mssoapinit' :

 Set SC = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")
 SC.mssoapinit "NasdaqQuotesClient_orig.wsdl", "", "", ""

.. any ideas as to why?

Thanks for you time,
Craig

Below is my WSDL file:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<definitions xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl"
             targetNamespace="urn:NasdaqQuotes_WSDL"
             xmlns:tns="urn:NasdaqQuotes_WSDL"
             xmlns:se="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
             xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
             xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/">

   <message name="getQuoteIn">
      <part name="symbol" type="xsd:string" />
   </message>

   <message name="getQuoteOut">
      <part name="return" type="xsd:string" />
   </message>

   <portType name="NasdaqQuotes_PortType">
      <operation name="getQuote">
         <input message="tns:getQuoteIn" />
         <output message="tns:getQuoteOut"/>
      </operation>
   </portType>

   <binding name="NasdaqQuotes_Binding"
            type="tns:NasdaqQuotes_PortType">
      <soap:binding style="rpc"
transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
      <operation name="getQuote">
          <soap:operation soapAction=""/>
          <input>
             <soap:body use="encoded"
namespace="urn:NasdaqQuotes" />
          </input>
          <output>
             <soap:body use="encoded"
namespace="urn:NasdaqQuotes" />
          </output>
      </operation>
   </binding>

   <service name="NasdaqQuotes">
      <port name="NasdaqQuotes_Port"
            binding="tns:NasdaqQuotes_Binding">
          <soap:address location="http://delhi:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter"
/>
      </port>
   </service>

</definitions>

This email message is confidential and subject to copyright.
Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited.