Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Seith, Jason D." <Se...@hiram.edu> on 2004/10/01 22:24:16 UTC

LDAPAuth, Active Directory, and Headaches...

Hi All,

I am attempting to integrate Lenya 1.2.1 dev with our LDAP (Microsoft's
Active Directory).

The error I'm receiving is:

uncaught JavaScript exception: at addUser
(file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28/webapps/lenya/lenya/content/admin
/users/user-admin.js, Line 372):
org.apache.lenya.ac.AccessControlException: Exception during search:

I have followed the Wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-lenya/LDAPAuth),
and have attempted to use the University of Zurich's example.
Unfortunately, they all come to the same error.

Below is the ldap.properties file I have created.

provider-url=ldap://server.domain.edu/cn=users,dc=domain,dc=edu

# Manager/user which is allowed to retrieve a list of "all" users
(fullname) from LDAP server
mgr-dn=cn=LDAPUser,cn=Users,dc=Domain,dc=edu
# Password of Manager
mgr-pw=superspecialpassword

partial-user-dn=cn=users,dc=domain,dc=edu
# keystore is taken relatively to the publication config/ac directory
#key-store=.keystore
security-protocol=none
security-authentication=simple

*I did mean CN for users... it is a container.

I have verified the paths, and I am positive we do not use SSL or run on
a non-standard ldap port. (I have connected with Java, ASP, PHP, and C.)
So my suspicion is I'm doing something wrong with the
security-authentication (?!?!?)... or perhaps something else completely
obvious?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Jason

Re: LDAPAuth, Active Directory, and Headaches...

Posted by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu>.
On Oct 1, 2004, at 4:24 PM, Seith, Jason D. wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am attempting to integrate Lenya 1.2.1 dev with our LDAP (Microsoft's
> Active Directory).
>
> The error I'm receiving is:
>
> uncaught JavaScript exception: at addUser
> (file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28/webapps/lenya/lenya/content/
> admin
> /users/user-admin.js, Line 372):
> org.apache.lenya.ac.AccessControlException: Exception during search:

Hey guys, I'm receiving this error too when following the Wiki's
instructions as well.  I continue to get this error, whether I am
testing on the latest SVN release, or on the 1.2 release posted on the
site.  Does anyone have a working implementation of LDAP connectivity
that can share if they made any changes or what to look for in
troubleshooting?

Jon