Posted to user@spark.apache.org by robin_up <ro...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/11 03:10:02 UTC

Connecting App to cluster VS Launching app within cluster

Hi

Could someone kindly explain what the pros/cons are between "Connecting an
Application to a cluster" and "Launching Applications inside a cluster" in a
standalone cluster?

I'm referring to the sections in the below doc. I.e. in which situation one
maybe more preferred than the other, or does it matter?

http://spark.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-standalone.html

thanks
Robin

-----
-- Robin Li

Re: Connecting App to cluster VS Launching app within cluster

Posted by robin_up <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks TD. This is very useful information.

--
Robin

-----

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.