Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gertjan Assies <ge...@assies.nu> on 2005/01/20 11:48:18 UTC

use of property files in actions

Hi,

I've written my own action, but it has need of some location specific
parameters. specifically a path
I would like to put these parameters in a property file so I can easily
deploy my app to different locations (dev/staging/live) without having
to change those values.

I'm familar with the use of servlet property files, but I was wondering
what the Cocoon  view on this is,
can I use custom property files within Cocoon? or perhaps add them to
the cocoon.xconf ?
or should i look into extending the AbstractConfigurableAction?

cheers,
Gertjan