Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/18 18:32:32 UTC

using json

Are there any instructions for connecting to ofbiz using
javascript+json from an external web application.  I would like to
make a call to a service/controller that requires authentication.

Many thanks,

Chris

Re: using json

Posted by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

We use the DojoJSONServiceEventHandler  in our controller.xml file to make
service request via an AJAX client.  The client specifies the service name
and appropriate parameters.  Then the handler returns a json string back to
the client.  We've like using json for many things as it is lighter than RMI
and easy to parse.

Sample controller elements:

<handler name="dojojson" type="request"
class="org.ofbiz.webapp.event.DojoJSONServiceEventHandler"/>

 <request-map uri="getTestQuestions">
        <security https="true" auth="true"/>
        <event type="dojojson" invoke="getTestQuestions"/>
        <response name="success" type="none" value="CommonContentAdmin"/>
</request-map>

Brett

Re: using json

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
http://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/site/javadocs/
org.ofbiz.base.json

chris snow sent the following on 9/18/2010 10:24 AM:

Re: using json

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: using json

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.