Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by JZA <ac...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/26 05:06:54 UTC

Forums not working?

Wonder if there is something wrong wtih the forums?

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Forums not working?

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 02:21:56 -0500
JZA <ac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well the issue is actually on the forums.openoffice.org doing a google
> search to the direct site worked:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/
> but typing the url will forward it to the project pages, like this:
> forums.openoffice.org -> http://www.openoffice.org/projects/forums/
>
> So I guess is just some small quirk of the site.

Both methods work correctly for me (just now tested).  As a Moderator on the en-Forum I have a shortcut to the Forum on my bookmarks toolbar, which I usually use for connection

RoryOF

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Forums not working?

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
JZA wrote:
> Well the issue is actually on the forums.openoffice.org doing a google
> search to the direct site worked:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/
> but typing the url will forward it to the project pages, like this:
> forums.openoffice.org -> http://www.openoffice.org/projects/forums/
> So I guess is just some small quirk of the site.

I think it's just a typo on your side. forum not forums.
forum.openoffice.org is correctly redirected, forums does not exist and
thus you get our "last attempt" redirect which does not succeed because
the URL is typed in a wrong way.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Forums not working?