Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Vinay Kavala <Vi...@govaris.com> on 2022/04/14 03:20:38 UTC

Issues while using Rest Connector on Apache Syncope 2.1.10

Hi Team,

I am trying to provision some custom Any Type Objects on to another Restful Service using the Rest Connector.
I have my configurations as below..

Base Address :  http://localhost:8081/v1/ (service running in my local machine)
Accept : application/json
scriptingLanguage : GROOVY (I could not disable this for some reason)

username : left it empty (as I am not forcing any authentication on the service)
password : left it empty (as I am not forcing any authentication on the service)

All other connector settings are left BLANK.

I see the below logs in core-rest.log:
22:37:06.849 ERROR org.apache.syncope.core.rest.cxf.RestServiceExceptionMapper - Exception thrown
org.apache.syncope.core.persistence.api.dao.NotFoundException: Configuration schema connector.test.timeout
    at org.apache.syncope.core.logic.ConfigurationLogic.get(ConfigurationLogic.java:97) ~[syncope-core-logic-2.1.10.jar:2.1.10]

I see the below in the core.log:
22:33:48.668 ERROR org.apache.syncope.core.provisioning.java.ConnectorFacadeProxy - Connector request execution failure
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122) ~[?:1.8.0_311]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:206) ~[?:1.8.0_311]
    at org.apache.syncope.core.provisioning.java.ConnectorFacadeProxy.create(ConnectorFacadeProxy.java:171) ~[syncope-core-provisioning-java-2.1.10.jar:2.1.10]

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
    at net.tirasa.connid.commons.scripted.AbstractScriptedConnector.create(AbstractScriptedConnector.java:267) ~[?:?]
    at org.identityconnectors.framework.impl.api.local.operations.CreateImpl.create(CreateImpl.java:98) ~[connector-framework-internal-1.5.0.2.jar:?]

22:33:48.668 ERROR org.apache.syncope.core.provisioning.api.propagation.PropagationTaskExecutor - Exception during provision on resource Partner Connect Resource
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: null
    at net.tirasa.connid.commons.scripted.AbstractScriptedConnector.create(AbstractScriptedConnector.java:267) ~[?:?]
    at org.identityconnectors.framework.impl.api.local.operations.CreateImpl.create(CreateImpl.java:98) ~[connector-framework-internal-1.5.0.2.jar:?]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_311]

Can someone please chime in with any help?
I have made sure that the service is running fine when I am trying to provision the objects.

Questions:

  1.  do we have any documentation or a page which describes the configuration parameters for REST Connector?
  2.  is Authentication mandatory for using Rest Connector?
  3.  Every time I clear the scriptingLanguage field, it gets reset to "GROOVY". Is that an issue?

Rest Service details:

POST : {{host}}/v1/partners     (host being http://localhost:8081 in my case)
Request Body:
{
        "partnerName": "Oracle Inc",
        "partnerActivityInfo": {
            "activities": [
                "Supplier",
                "Buyer"
            ]
        },
        "websiteId": "oracle.com",
        "minorityOwned": "",
        "preferredSupplierTier": "",
        "amazonBusinessEnabled": false,
        "isActive": false,
        "source":"Postman"
}

  *   I've created all the above fields as plain schemas
  *   mapped "Schema to hold values for identifiers generated upon Create by the external Identity Store" value to partnerId plain schema

[cid:e460b4fc-02a7-4d2b-87bf-8cd5ee7d83eb]

Re: Issues while using Rest Connector on Apache Syncope 2.1.10

Posted by Vinay Kavala <Vi...@govaris.com>.
Hi Team,

Can I get some help here? Any Response is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Vinay