Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2002/02/18 13:03:01 UTC

RE: Problem with SendMailServlet examples application

	Tomcat doesn't compile .java files into .class files.  As far as I
know, this is only a feature of Resin and none of the other servlet
containers.  You will need to use javac to convert your .java into a .class
and put that file into the WEB-INF/classes directory.

	Randy

Posted by Jose Luis Rojano Piernagorda <jl...@senado.es>.
Hi Randy,

Do you know why, in the example directory
"$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes" we have every source file
(*.java) with its corresponding binary (*.class) except for the
SendMailServlet.java source?????

I also tried to compile the SendMailServlet.java to get the corresponding
absent binary, but I don't know how to do it correctly. I have instaled the
J2SDK 1.3.1 on a solaris 8 environment

Regards,
Jose.