Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Antoine Sabot-Durand <an...@sabot-durand.net> on 2015/11/02 15:15:22 UTC

Relaunching the idea of a Spring module

Hi all,

Last week at JavaOne I gave 3 talks on CDI and DeltaSpike. I feel a lot of
change since last year: more people, more involved people with advanced
question. I know I didn't met a significant statical sample with the 400 or
500 users I met but my feeling is that Java EE just hit big corporation and
CDI usage in big firms has raised significantly since last year.

A question I had 3 times was about CDI / spring interoperability. The topic
is still the same : We want to adopt CDI and CDI programming model, but we
have a lot of legacy code in Spring, is there any solution to help us
moving to CDI without a Big Bang or keep our existing libs in Spring.
Question was asked by a guy from Wells Fargo, Bank of America and one
insurance I can remember.
If you look at StackOverflow question about Spring CDI interaction you can
see that their frequency is raising as well [1].

That's why I think interesting to relaunch the idea of having a Spring
module in DS. I know there are existing initiatives around so we wouldn't
have to produce it from scratch.

What do you think ?

Antoine

 [1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/cdi+spring?sort=newest&pagesize=50

Re: Relaunching the idea of a Spring module

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+0.5 if it works from ear to boot. -1 otherwise.