Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by gzoller <gw...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/01 23:57:58 UTC

Can't set render-kit-class in MyFaces

Hello,

I want to override the default HtmlRenderKitImpl, so in my faces-config.xml
I have something like this:

	<render-kit>
		<render-kit-id>HTML_BASIC</render-kit-id>
		<render-kit-class>com.foo.MyHtmlRenderKitImpl</render-kit-class>
        </render-kit>

I have output statements in MyHtmlRenderKitImpl's constructor and the class
otherwise does nothing (for now).  My debug statements are never called,
leading me to believe my class never overrides the default.

My pages are rendering normally on the screen.

Anyone have an idea how to override the default HtmlRenderKitImpl
successfully?

Thanks in advance,
Greg