Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Tech <te...@psynd.net> on 2016/11/30 11:20:04 UTC

Modification not stored into the system

Dear Experts,

we installed Syncope and we were able to start it.

We detected that the modification like creation of Realms or creation of
Users were not registered into the platform because when we restart the
AS, everything looks like a fresh installation.

We thought that this could be related with the storing of information
into a repository: following the confluence we modified the links to the
repositories to MariaDB, we installed the new tablespace for Syncope, we
restarted correcly the application, but the modification are still not
kept when we restart the AS.

We don't see any error into the logs, is there any step that we missed
during the installation?

Thanks

Re: Modification not stored into the system

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 30/11/2016 12:20, Tech wrote:
> Dear Experts,
>
> we installed Syncope and we were able to start it.

I guess you are referring to

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/dfb07e413c28051ce32809bf3b1f37a014720bb6542c2f58332f4fa8@%3Cuser.syncope.apache.org%3E

> We detected that the modification like creation of Realms or creation
> of Users were not registered into the platform because when we restart
> the AS, everything looks like a fresh installation.

Sure, since you are based on this sample project

https://github.com/Tirasa/syncopeOnJBoss

which features H2 in-memory persistence, as highlighted by the Note 2 in
the repository README.md (scroll towards the end).

> We thought that this could be related with the storing of information
> into a repository: following the confluence we modified the links to
> the repositories to MariaDB, we installed the new tablespace for
> Syncope, we restarted correcly the application, but the modification
> are still not kept when we restart the AS.

With "confluence" are you referring to

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Run+Syncope+in+real+environments#RunSyncopeinrealenvironments-MariaDB

?
If so, as the warning at the beginning of the page says, such
documentation applies to older versions of Apache Syncope.

Since you are on 2.0, you need to look instead at

https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#mariadb

Please take care, as reported, to apply the required changes rather than
replacing the whole files.

Once modified the source files, you will of course need to build again
and redeploy.
Moreover, you will also need to add the MariaDB JDBC driver to Wildfly.

HTH
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò