Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Aaron Smuts <aa...@verizon.net> on 2002/02/05 02:39:06 UTC

RE: torque caching and JCS as a turbine service (credit cardprocessing)

I wonder if caching should be above or on top of Torque rather than
within.

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2/4/02 5:39 PM, "Aaron Smuts" <aa...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I wonder if caching should be above or on top of Torque rather than
> within.

I'm not really sure that putting it on top of Torque will achieve the
desired effect of transparent caching. Something like that would need to
come from within.

That said, it should be easily disabled if needed. So, the caching methods
should always call: "isCacheEnabled()" or something like that at the top of
their execution.

-jon