Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Klein, Scott @ TW" <sc...@L-3com.com> on 2002/12/19 17:42:28 UTC

Ant, CVS, Jalopy

As Ant seems to become much more than a build tool (at least from an
optional task perspective) I was curious how certain of these tasks are done
in "bulk", that is with an entire development tree under SCM control ...
automatically.

For example, I fancy a system where we can use Jalopy to reformat code
during our builds. The issue is obviously updating the SCM repository, cvs
checkouts and commits after the task has completed. I am not a CVS expert,
so I was curious how easy/difficult this is to do and if there are many
others doing such things to their trees every night.