Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Niels van Kampenhout <n....@hippo.nl> on 2007/12/07 14:55:20 UTC

Tabbing from one AjaxEditableLabel to the next

Hi,

On a page with several AjaxEditableLabels (like [1]), is there a nice
way to specify that the Tab key should select the next editable field
(like ordinary input fields)? Or do I need to use some good old plain
Javascript hacking?

Thanks
Niels

[1] http://www.wicketstuff.org/wicket13/ajax/editable-label.1

Re: Tabbing from one AjaxEditableLabel to the next

Posted by Niels van Kampenhout <n....@hippo.nl>.
Johan Compagner wrote:
> I think you need some javascript hacking because there is no input
> field yet that could be targetted and what is the next one? Labels
> dont really have a tab sequence or maybe if you use the labelfor
> property somehow?
>
> Of course this could be somehow also coded in the wicket component,
> for example you set what the next one should become, and the textfield
> listens for a tab (and maybe shift tab) and then does its call to the
> next

I was hoping someone had already done exactly that ;-)

I'll give it a try.

Thanks

Niels

Re: Tabbing from one AjaxEditableLabel to the next

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.