Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by An...@mro.com on 2003/05/12 19:10:38 UTC

message style and no support for EJB?

Hi All
I was trying to deploy a message style web service and in the deploy.wsdd
we had

 <service name="ejbdoctest" provider="java:MSG" style="message">
      <wsdlFile>c:/anamitra/ejbdoctest.wsdl</wsdlFile>
      <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="processData"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlPortType" value="WSTest"/>
      <parameter name="scope" value="Request"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlServicePort" value="WSTest"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlTargetNamespace" value="www.mro.com/mea"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlServiceElement" value="WSTestService"/>
      <parameter name="className" value="test1.SimpleDocTest"/>
 </service>

And my class method is like

public Document processData(Document doc) - inline with the MSG style
Webservices of Axis.

This works perfectly .
 But if we try to invoke an EJB [which has the same method processData] -
thats where the java:MSG provider is failing.

 <service name="ejbdoctest" provider="java:MSG" style="message">
      <wsdlFile>c:/anamitra/ejbdoctest.wsdl</wsdlFile>
      <parameter name="wsdlPortType" value="WSTest"/>
      <parameter name="scope" value="Request"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlServicePort" value="WSTest"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlTargetNamespace" value="www.mro.com/mea"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlServiceElement" value="WSTestService"/>
      <parameter name="beanJndiName" value="testdoc"/>
      <parameter name="homeInterfaceName" value="test1.TestHome"/>
      <parameter name="remoteInterfaceName" value="test1.Test"/>
      <parameter name="jndiURL" value="t3://localhost:7001"/>
      <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="sayHello"/>
      <parameter name="jndiContextClass"
value="weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory"/>
 </service>

So I changed it to a java:EJB provider - but in that case it expects the
client to give a "Document" object and tries to serialize/deserialize that.
This is a bit strange as either the java:MSG provider should be able to
handle calling EJB's or EJB provider has to support that same thing as the
MSG provider - ie bypass the java/XML data types binding.

Any pointers appreciated.
thanks
Anamitra