Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Didier Peereboom Voller <di...@simpelinternet.nl> on 2004/03/26 14:31:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Segfault with apache limping on. What does it mean?

Hello,

I got a report that server was down and had been rebooted.

In the log I found this message

Mar 25 22:08:41 s7 apache2[10083]: segfault at 0000003500000034 rip
0000002a9600c384 rsp 000000
7fbffff920 error 6

I can see that the server had problems as at exactly that time the
traffic took a plunge. However apaches error_log happily went on listing
missing images and such. Suggesting that at least part of apache was
working. I use the worker MPM model on a dual opteron if that helps. It
is a pure static content server. Nothing fancy.

Any know how I would start to investigate this? I can't seem to even
find a list of segfault messages. Error 6 doesn't tell me anything :(

Thanks for the help,
Didier Peereboom.

Re: [users@httpd] Segfault with apache limping on. What does it mean?

Posted by bvr <bv...@xs4all.nl>.
$ perror 6
Error code   6:  No such device or address

bvr.