Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "James L. Weaver" <ji...@jmentor.com> on 2000/07/06 18:31:00 UTC

Question regarding entities and XML Schema

Where are the available places to declare general entities when using
XML Schema?  With DTDs they could be declared in the internal or
external subset.  The choices that I see are:
- In the internal subset of the XML instance
- In the internal subset of the Schema
Are there other options?

Thanks,
Jim Weaver

Re: Question regarding entities and XML Schema

Posted by Norman Walsh <nd...@nwalsh.com>.
/ "James L. Weaver" <ji...@jmentor.com> was heard to say:
| Where are the available places to declare general entities when using
| XML Schema?  With DTDs they could be declared in the internal or
| external subset.  The choices that I see are:
| - In the internal subset of the XML instance

Yes.

| - In the internal subset of the Schema

Uh, you could do this, but they'd only be available inside the Schema
document. They wouldn't be available in the document instance.

| Are there other options?

In the external subset.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm