Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2021/08/13 14:48:08 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Remove nabble links from website

Hi guys,

I created pull request
https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/pull/56 on website to remove
the nabble link from the contact page.

Since nabble downgraded their servers capacity, a bunch of forums linked
to mailing list are not available anymore. It's the case for several
Apache projects, including Apache ActiveMQ.

Users should use mailing list and eventually slack (but remember, if it
doesn't happen on the mailing list, it never happens, so discussions on
slack should moved to mailing list at some point).

If there's no objection, I will merge PR #56.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove nabble links from website

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I updated the site earlier

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
This change also eliminates a source of occasional confusion where Nabble
allows users to edit messages after they've been sent to the mailing list,
yet does not result in any updated emails being sent. So users occasionally
think they've provided more/better information but people who use the list
via email never see those attempts to communicate.

Tim

Posted by "Dyck, Trevor" <tr...@amazon.com.INVALID>.
Sounds great, thank-you.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Trevor,

you still have use mailing list archives where you can search. Does it
sound good for you ?

Regards
JB

Posted by "Dyck, Trevor" <tr...@amazon.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
Please send a separate and specific message to the two lists with Nabble in
the subject, e.g., Trouble posting to the mailing list from Nabble?
Something specific that will jump out at readers.

Bruce

--
perl -e 'print

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.