Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Archit Thakur <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/30 08:37:48 UTC

Logging in Spark through YARN.

Hi,

I want to manage logging of containers when I run Spark through YARN. I
checked there is a environment variable exposed to custom log4j.properties.

Setting SPARK_LOG4J_CONF to "/dir/log4j.properties" should ideally make
containers use
"/dir/log4j.properties" file for logging. This doesn't seem working.

Also, there is a log4j.properties file present in the Spark assembly and I
guess it is picking that only.

Quick Google gave me this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-2007

Is this functnality broken/not working yet?
Or I m mistaken somewhere?

Thanks.
Archit.

Re: Logging in Spark through YARN.

Posted by Vipul Pandey <vi...@gmail.com>.
Archit, Are you able to get it to work with 1.0.0?
I tried the --files suggestion from Marcelo and it just changed logging for my client and the appmaster and executors were still the same.

~Vipul

Posted by Archit Thakur <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcelo,

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.