Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com> on 2008/07/01 02:36:16 UTC

Re: cpu usage of 1.0.2

Hey Jeremy,

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 12:15 -0600, Jeremy Hanna wrote:
> I started using archiva as a public proxy and as a snapshot repository
> for our company.  It is used on the same vm as our bamboo continuous
> integration server.

Cool - is it accessible from the internet? I found that the Google bot
and other spiders drove my CPU usage up by hitting the dependency graphs
on our instance at https://maven.atlassian.com/. This isn't a problem
for me when people hit those pages.

It would be good if you could make some thread dumps when the load is
high and open an issue.

> Is there any reason why the jetty standalone version of archiva 1.0.2
> should be consistently taking significant amounts of CPU?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeremy

Cheers
James