Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by "Vasudevan, Veena" <va...@amazon.com.INVALID> on 2021/06/01 05:47:44 UTC

Iceberg 0.12 release ETA

Iceberg dev team,

Would you happen to know the ETA for Iceberg 0.12 release? Is there a preview available? Thank you!

Best regards,
Veena

Re: Iceberg 0.12 release ETA

Posted by Kyle Bendickson <kj...@gmail.com>.
Actually, according to the link I just sent the ETA is currently early July
for 0.12.

- Apologies, Kyle

Re: Iceberg 0.12 release ETA

Posted by Kyle Bendickson <kj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Iceberg 0.12 release ETA

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Who is "they"? It doesn't sound like you're speaking for yourself here.

I was unable to find that information. I'm assuming that if I couldn't, then others may have the same issue. Sure, people who know where it is won't have any problems, but perhaps consider new people to the project and how they might find it. You might also consider that some people cannot access google docs, even if they find the link. Just a friendly suggestion, nothing more. I'll leave it up to you if you decide to change this.

Kind Regards,
Justin

Re: Iceberg 0.12 release ETA

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@apache.org>.
Adding back +dev@iceberg.apache.org <de...@iceberg.apache.org>

> Perhaps because they were not aware of it existence?

Who is "they"? It doesn't sound like you're speaking for yourself here.

I'm skeptical that it would be someone involved in this community because
we regularly link to the agenda and notes doc on this mailing list. For
example, see the last sync invite I sent
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r19b085f4f59df1b0cc853c60af37feee3ac28341731a551ec2d0f73a%40%3Cdev.iceberg.apache.org%3E>
or
the notes sent out before that
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rdb7d1ab221295adec33cf93dcbcac2b9b7b80708b2efd903b7105511%40%3Cdev.iceberg.apache.org%3E>
.

If you're speaking up on behalf of a hypothetical person that is having
trouble accessing these docs, then I'd just say that we are happy to find a
solution with anyone that runs into these issues.

--
Ryan Blue

Re: Iceberg 0.12 release ETA

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Once the notes from the sync are posted on the doc, we'll also post a copy
to the mailing list. The doc is just a good way to keep the history and
manage topics to discuss.

Feel free to start a discussion and set up an alternative if the doc
doesn't work for you. So far we haven't had anyone else raise issues with
it, but if there's something we can improve so it's easier for you to stay
involved, we're happy to.

Ryan

--
Ryan Blue

Re: Iceberg 0.12 release ETA

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
HI,

Re: Iceberg 0.12 release ETA

Posted by Kyle Bendickson <kj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

Re: Iceberg 0.12 release ETA

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Iceberg 0.12 release ETA

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@apache.org>.
Hi Veena,

We haven't set a date for the 0.12 release yet, but we're going to be
discussing this in the Iceberg sync tomorrow if you'd like to join.

For a preview, you can either test with master or a PR version. We haven't
released any candidates yet because we have a couple of issues that need to
be closed before the release. Is there any feature in particular that
you're looking to test with?

Ryan

--
Ryan Blue