Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be> on 2006/02/27 20:15:54 UTC

Re: svn commit: r381409 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk: src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/XMLWhiteSpaceHandler.java test/layoutengine/disabled-testcases.xml

On Feb 27, 2006, at 20:02, adelmelle@apache.org wrote:

> Author: adelmelle
> Date: Mon Feb 27 11:02:39 2006
> New Revision: 381409

> Log:
> Activated refinement white-space-handling for fo:title and
> fo:bookmark-title
> (treating fo:title the same as fo:bookmark-title
>   -- see XSL-FO 1.1 6.11.3 -> Trait derivation)

I was a bit unsure about this, since an fo:title can have %inline;
children...

Right now, if one wants to activate linefeed-preservation in an
fo:title, this would have to be done like so:

<fo:title>
   <fo:inline>
     <fo:block linefeed-treatment="preserve">

Cheers,

Andreas

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.nl>.
On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 08:15:54PM +0100, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2006, at 20:02, adelmelle@apache.org wrote:
>
> >Author: adelmelle
> >Date: Mon Feb 27 11:02:39 2006
> >New Revision: 381409

> >Log:
> >Activated refinement white-space-handling for fo:title and
> >fo:bookmark-title
> >(treating fo:title the same as fo:bookmark-title
> >  -- see XSL-FO 1.1 6.11.3 -> Trait derivation)

This makes much sense.

> I was a bit unsure about this, since an fo:title can have %inline;
> children...
>
> Right now, if one wants to activate linefeed-preservation in an
> fo:title, this would have to be done like so:
>
> <fo:title>
>   <fo:inline>
>     <fo:block linefeed-treatment="preserve">

Hmm, I prefer to think of fo:title as described under
fo:bookmark-title. I like your solution.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.nl