Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Nacho <na...@siapi.es> on 2000/05/05 22:56:24 UTC

[catalina]home Property for Server Interface

Hi,

¿ Have sense to put a home property into server interface? i`ve start to
do patch but i'm not very sure where to put it,
i need todebug catalina from my IDE...

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega

Re: [catalina]home Property for Server Interface

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Nacho wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ¿ Have sense to put a home property into server interface? i`ve start to
> do patch but i'm not very sure where to put it,
> i need todebug catalina from my IDE...
>
> Saludos ,
> Ignacio J. Ortega

Making it a property of a Server would mean we'd have to tell Connectors and
Containers that they belong to a Server, so they can go find it.  That's
going to mess up people who want to integrate Connectors and Containers into
their own server architectures.

How about if we use a system property ("catalina.home") instead?  That way,
components that need access to this can get it directly, without having to
depend on the component hierarchy.  So far, that means the following places:

  (Catalina.java -> conf/server.xml, ContextConfig.java ->
  conf/web.xml, and MemoryRealm.java -> conf/tomcat-users.xml)

* Resolving relative document roots like "webapps/xxxxx"
  (StandardResources).

If we like the idea of using a system property, I'll go ahead and make the
required changes.

Craig