Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Christophe Bisciglia <ch...@cloudera.com> on 2009/12/21 22:06:22 UTC

Announcement: Cloudera Hadoop Training - Featuring Tom White and the Facebook Data Team

Hadoop Fans, it's been a few weeks since we've hosted public training
sessions, and now we're happy to announce three sessions in three
cities over the next three months. These sessions are all targeted at
developers, and we'll be adding more sessions in the coming weeks
based on demand. You can always find a full list at
http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-training

January 19-21, Bay Area, CA - http://www.eventbrite.com/event/511080656
February 3-5, New York, NY - http://www.eventbrite.com/event/511180956
March 10-12, Washington DC Area - http://www.eventbrite.com/event/517223028

All of these sessions offer a 10% discount for booking in advance
(timeframe varies by session), so if you register before the holidays,
you'll save a few bucks.

As some of you may have heard, Tom White, author of O'Reilly's
"Hadoop: The Definitive Guide," has recently relocated to the Bay
Area. We couldn't be happier to have him in the Cloudera office more,
and are excited to have him leading more of our local training
sessions. Tom will be leading the January 19-21 session, so if you've
found his book helpful, this is a great chance to learn more from the
source.

We're also thrilled to be working with Facebook. Many of our customers
have asked us for more exposure to how Hadoop and related technologies
are used in the "real world." As one of the largest Hadoop users, and
surely the largest Hive user, Facebook offers a unique perspective on
how to leverage huge volumes of data across an organization. During
next month's session in the Bay Area, Facebook will give a tech talk
(over lunch) on how they use Hadoop and Hive, and go into detail about
some of the cool things their data team does with the technology.
Lastly, if you're interested in working at Facebook, this is a great
chance to get more information, meet some of their most avid Hadoop
users and demonstrate you skills by taking the Cloudera Certified
Hadoop Developer exam.

Cheers,
Christophe

--
get hadoop: cloudera.com/hadoop
online training: cloudera.com/hadoop-training