Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Will Meyer <wi...@bracketstyle.org> on 2005/11/18 04:23:09 UTC

Selecting random data files during a test

Hi all. In my test I need to randomize between a set of data files (they
will get uploaded to a server in a sampler that does a POST). Does anyone
have a recommendation on how to select one of the data files and then
randomize between them? I was thinking of putting them in a CSV and then
using a CSV element, but I want more random selection (I don't just want the
next file to come in for each run), and I want the selection to be different
each test run.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts,

Will

Re: Selecting random data files during a test

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
There is a Random function, which will return values in any range you want.

You could use this as part of the file name.

S.