Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Alan Simpson <si...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/15 16:14:02 UTC

problems closing asynchronous appenders

hi,

I have an Appender class attached to an AsyncAppender. I try to close the
attached appender by calling close() on the AsyncAppender object.

However, this does not work. Looking at the AsyncAppender source code, it
doesn't look as though it calls close() on the attached appenders.

I can close the attached appender by calling
AsyncAppender.removeAllAppenders(), but the problem with this is that the
close() is then executed in the main thread, not in a separate thread.

Is this a bug in the AsyncAppender code (I find this hard to believe)?

Is there a design reason for this behaviour of AsyncAppender.close()?

In any case, is there a way to get my appender to close in a separate
thread?

thanks for your help,

Alan