Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Iraklis Kourtidis <ik...@covia.com> on 2001/04/23 20:49:45 UTC

RE: Packaging Question - Include Source in Binary Distributions?

Hi Craig,

IMHO the source code is useful, at least in the following circumstances:

1) some weird error occurs (because a struts user writes bad code), and the
line numbers for a file are given. Sometimes looking at the source helps
understand what the heck is going on in your own code and how to fix it.
2) The source for the struts-example sample application (although not part
of the source code you're likely talking about) was to me the most useful
resource in understanding Struts. Any other example I found on the web was
highly confusing and/or incomplete (including the 'resources' section of the
Jakarta Struts  home page.)

In either case though, as long as the code is still downloadable there won't
be any problem.

my 2 cents,
Iraklis