Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Erik van Oosten <e....@chello.nl> on 2006/11/17 10:31:22 UTC

New property expression langauge: MVEL

Hello,

There is a new property expression language called MVEL. If you look at
http://wiki.mvflex.org/index.php?title=MVEL_Language_Reference you can
see it is quite powerful. It also claims to be very fast.

Perhaps it is appropriate to use MVEL as Wicket's default property language?
Or do you think it is too powerful?

Regards,
     Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten

Re: New property expression langauge: MVEL

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
i guess the question is:

what will we get by using this that we dont already have?

-igor

Posted by Chris Brock <br...@gmail.com>.
You should note that the actual template parser and expression parser are
completely different.  The template parser itself has control-flow
constructs, but the expression parser alone does not.  Also, you can even
drill down and just use the PropertyAccessor in MVEL.   So it's possible to

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Not as a default. It is even a templating solution and I don't want
any logic constructs as a default in Wicket's templates.

The current expressions possible with Wicket are fast and allow for
enough flexibility for most purposes.

I don't think it is something we should add to core. But I'm
completely fine with having someone create a wicket-stuff project for
it.

Martijn

On 11/17/06, Erik van Oosten <e....@chello.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is a new property expression language called MVEL. If you look at
> http://wiki.mvflex.org/index.php?title=MVEL_Language_Reference you can
> see it is quite powerful. It also claims to be very fast.
>
> Perhaps it is appropriate to use MVEL as Wicket's default property language?
> Or do you think it is too powerful?
>
> Regards,
>      Erik.
>
> --