Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Fournier,Danny [NCR]" <Da...@ec.gc.ca> on 2009/01/05 20:37:39 UTC

Using FOP in sandbox environment

I'm currently trying to use FOP 0.95 on Coldfusion 8 (on Windows) using
sandbox security. The only way to generate my PDFs is to give the
Coldfusion service full access to the entire drive. I'm using the
embedding example.

I'm wondering if someone on this list could help me narrow down the list
of folders that could potentially be opened in order for FOP to work?

Obviously, the first one would be the folder where my classes are
situated (which is specified in the classpath) Then, the fonts folder
maybe? How about JVM cache folders (if there are any)? I'm really at a
loss here.

Regards,

Dan

Re: Using FOP in sandbox environment

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Fournier,Danny [NCR] wrote:

> I'm currently trying to use FOP 0.95 on Coldfusion 8 (on Windows) using
> sandbox security. The only way to generate my PDFs is to give the
> Coldfusion service full access to the entire drive. I'm using the
> embedding example.
>
> I'm wondering if someone on this list could help me narrow down the list
> of folders that could potentially be opened in order for FOP to work?
>
> Obviously, the first one would be the folder where my classes are
> situated (which is specified in the classpath) Then, the fonts folder
> maybe? How about JVM cache folders (if there are any)? I'm really at a
> loss here.

When it fails do you see any sort of error message? Can you try running
from the command line to reproduce the error there?

Perhaps the problem is that you've added the <auto-detect/> element to
fop.xconf file, which tells FOP to search your hard disk for Fonts.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Using FOP in sandbox environment

Posted by Johannes Künsebeck <ku...@gmx.net>.
Am Montag, den 05.01.2009, 14:37 -0500 schrieb Fournier,Danny [NCR]:
> I'm currently trying to use FOP 0.95 on Coldfusion 8 (on Windows) using
> sandbox security. The only way to generate my PDFs is to give the
> Coldfusion service full access to the entire drive. I'm using the
> embedding example.
>
> I'm wondering if someone on this list could help me narrow down the list
> of folders that could potentially be opened in order for FOP to work?

Fop also needs also access to the folder ~/.fop (folder ".fop" in the
homedir of the fop-executing user) under Linux, no idea how this
translates to a windows environment.

Regards, Hannes

Posted by "Fournier,Danny [NCR]" <Da...@ec.gc.ca>.
Fixed.

The way permissions were given for the sanboxes was the reason this
wasn't working.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Posted by "Fournier,Danny [NCR]" <Da...@ec.gc.ca>.