Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sushil K Tripathi <tr...@hotmail.com> on 2018/01/12 23:54:46 UTC

request for instructions to add a another solr node

Team,

I am new to Solr and i need help to add new VM to existing solr cluster serving user request. Any help would be appreciated.

Environment Detail-
================
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.4
VM1 configured with-
1. Zookeeper1, 2 and 3 on different port
2. Solr 7.2 configured with 2 node and 2 shard and 2 replica

VM2- New Server, we are trying to add in existing cluster. We followed the instruction from Apache Solr reference guide for 7.2. as below-

unzip the Solr-7.2.0.tar.gz and-
mkdir -p example/cloud/node3/solr
cp server/solr/solr.xml example/cloud/node3/solr
bin/solr start -cloud -s example/cloud/node3/solr -p 8987 -z <hostname VM1>:<zookeeper port>

Issue-
=====
while calling URL- http://10.0.12.57:8983/solr/

It seems new node still not part of cluster also not having any core and indexes. Thanks for help in advance.

Error -
=====
HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /solr/. Reason:

Not Found

Caused by:

javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Error processing the request. CoreContainer is either not initialized or shutting down.
at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:342)
at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:326)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1751)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:582)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1180)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:512)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1112)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:213)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:119)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)
at org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:335)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:320)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:283)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:108)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.executeProduceConsume(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:303)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceConsume(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:148)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:136)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:671)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:589)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

With Warm Regards...
Sushil K. Tripathi

Re: request for instructions to add a another solr node

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
NP, I was new at this once too ;).

Erick

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 8:38 AM, Sushil K Tripathi