Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2015/08/20 20:16:41 UTC

What's the difference between DEBUG and RELEASE builds?

Hi,

we maintain two different profiles in our .NET build. One called `DEBUG`
and the other called `RELEASE`. The only difference I see is that
`RELEASE` also produces nugets by default.

Which makes me wonder: Wouldn't it simplify our lives if we only had one
profile? If we did, we could make creating the NuGets a build target as
opposed to a separate profile altogether.

Markus

RE: What's the difference between DEBUG and RELEASE builds?

Posted by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com>.
As release build generates NuGet, it is much slower in building. Debug build is faster, and useful for debug during the development. That is the reason we have two separate profiles.