Posted to users@camel.apache.org by santoshjoshi <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/16 11:39:49 UTC

File Component: Rename an existing file

Environment:

Camel :2.8.1
Java : jdk 6

The default behaviour of Camel file component is to Override an existing
file:

Below are the options the applies when a file already exists
public enum GenericFileExist {
    Override, Append, Fail, Ignore
}

I would like to have an option like where an existing file is renamed,
before producing new file.
How can this be possible.

Regards,
Santosh

Re: File Component: Rename an existing file

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM, santoshjoshi
<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> I made some changes to existing API (camel 2.8.7), as well as created some
> test cases for this feature.
> I want to contribute this to Apache Camel, It would be great if Apache Camel
> Team reviews the changes and provide valuable feedback/comments.
>
> could you please tell where and how should i post my files for Review.

Yeah as Christian mentioned a patch attached to the JIRA ticket.

You can read more about how to contribute here

Thanks for your contribution to the community.

> Regards
> Santosh

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: File Component: Rename an existing file

Posted by santoshjoshi <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Christian,

The patch has been attached to Jira

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Could you attach it as diff to the JIRA issue Claus created? And don't
forget to grant the license to Apache...

Best,
Christian

Sent from a mobile device

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I logged a ticket to get such a feature into Camel

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I actually don't think this would be possible. I don't recall we have
> a hook to allow a custom plugin on the producer side, to eg as you
> want, to rename the existing file beforehand.
>
> We could possible introduce an out of the box solution with a new
> enum: MoveExisting
> And then have a new moveExisting option where you can set a pattern
> for the name (like the move, preMove options also support a pattern
> etc).
>

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM, santoshjoshi
> <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Environment:
>>
>> Camel :2.8.1
>> Java : jdk 6
>>

>> The default behaviour of Camel file component is to Override an existing
>> file:
>>
>> Below are the options the applies when a file already exists
>> public enum GenericFileExist {
>>     Override, Append, Fail, Ignore
>> }
>>
>> I would like to have an option like where an existing file is renamed,
>> before producing new file.
>> How can this be possible.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Santosh
>>

>> --

> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> FuseSource
> Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Environment:
>
> Camel :2.8.1
> Java : jdk 6
>

> The default behaviour of Camel file component is to Override an existing
> file:
>
> Below are the options the applies when a file already exists
> public enum GenericFileExist {
>     Override, Append, Fail, Ignore
> }
>
> I would like to have an option like where an existing file is renamed,
> before producing new file.
> How can this be possible.
>
> Regards,
> Santosh