Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Deck <mi...@Valtech.com> on 2005/08/22 23:08:01 UTC

[m2] deployment during integration-test lifecycle phase

Hello all -

I have taken over a project that is being built on maven 1 and would like to move it on to maven 2 when it is released.  Currently we do a lot of in-container testing on our ejbs which sounds like it would belong in the integration-test phase of the m2 lifecycle.  The question is, what is the best way to deploy the ear that is built in the package phase to an app server so that we can run all of the in-container tests?

My initial thought is this:
I could write a plug-in that essentially wraps the shell script we currently use to deploy our applications.  Then bind it and the surefire plug-in to the integration-test phase.  I'm not exactly sure how to tell surefire which tests are unit tests and which ones are integration tests.  Also I'm not sure how to change the bindings of an existing plug-in.

It seems like this phase's existence would imply that these features will be needed by a lot of people.  Is there another plug-in in the works that will address these issues or is there a solution already out there that I just don't know about?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: [m2] deployment during integration-test lifecycle phase

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I know that someone else on this list is going to jump in and suggest
the same thing...

When they are ready, I'd suggest looking at the Cargo
(http://cargo.codehaus.org) and Cactus
(http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus) plugins. Evenif you don't use them
directly, you could use them as inspiration for your own.

- Brett