Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/20 00:16:38 UTC

Possible Connector doc update with NIO & NIO2

Hey All,

I was picking through the connector docs generating some code from the descriptions and I noticed there are a handful of properties common between NIO and NIO2.

 - socket.appReadBufSize
 - socket.appWriteBufSize
 - socket.directBuffer
 - socket.directSslBuffer
 - useSendfile

These attributes have the exact same description in both the NIO and NIO2 sections.  Should they be moved into the "Java TCP socket attributes" section which is somewhat dedicated to attributes NIO and NIO2 have in common?

Note, I do definitely see there are attributes with the same name but different descriptions/defaults.  In particular:

 - socket.bufferPool
 - socket.processorCache

Should I submit a PR to move some or all of the first 5 or should they be left where they are?

-David

Re: Possible Connector doc update with NIO & NIO2

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
> On May 19, 2022, at 5:16 PM, David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> - useSendfile

Quick correction.  This one seems to be common between NIO, NIO2 and Apr and has the same description in all three.  Potentially it could go in the "Common Attributes" section.

-David