Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/07 13:45:09 UTC

Re: Sales Tax Setup

Hi,

We need to setup a taxing schema for a dutch customer. Following the
document mentioned below I set up a Dutch TaxAuthority.

But I am lost as to how to setup tax rate types and tax rates.

Can you help me with this?

Re: Sales Tax Setup

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Done,

Hope I've done it right.

Regards,

Pierre

Re: Sales Tax Setup

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
It can't hurt, giving detailed requirements in it is even better

Jacques

From: "Pierre Smits" <pi...@gmail.com>

Re: Sales Tax Setup

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sales Tax Setup

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 10:35 +0100, Pierre Smits wrote:
> Hans,
>
> Do I need to create an order first that is linked to a project? Or is that
> not possible either?

to create an order from times registered on tasks in a project is not
available

Regards,
Hans

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive prices

Re: Sales Tax Setup

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hans,

Re: Sales Tax Setup

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Re: Sales Tax Setup

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Sales Tax Setup

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for all your input.

Re: Sales Tax Setup

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Look at

From: "Pierre Smits" <pi...@gmail.com>

Re: Sales Tax Setup

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 14:38 +0100, Pierre Smits wrote:
Comments inline
> I use the billing from Project function (billing services). This
> generates an invoice. For a Dutch company to invoice a Dutch customer
> 19% VAT must be calculated based on the Total ex. tax.

I think this functionality is still not implemented. TAX is calculated
for orders but not direct invoices. Probably this is something to be
considered when extending OFBiz tax. Here is some more info on this
topic http://ofbiz.markmail.org/message/pt4lyqilaeaj24or?q=service
+product+vat#query:service%20product%20vat+page:1+mid:ma5owdpzczbn5dft
+state:results

> The problems I am faces with are:
>       * Setting up the taxing structure (e.g. %, related GLaccounts,
>         conditions when to tax). When invoicing is done to a foreign
>         customer no VAT is to be included.
>       * Documentation howto setup the structure is insufficient.
> You mention existing tax demos. Where do I find these? In the
> download, or on some site?
Check existing demo data here
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/accounting/control/FindTaxAuthority

And search for TAX in the list. This one may help
http://ofbiz.markmail.org/search/?q=service+product+vat+#query:service%
20product%20vat%20+page:1+mid:wht3plwsodzwaltz+state:results

Bilgin

Re: Sales Tax Setup

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sales Tax Setup