Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Fredrich, Jeremy D" <Je...@landsend.com> on 2006/02/02 22:22:03 UTC

Cactus 1.6.1 Tests from Two Different WARs Deployed in Same JVM

I have deployed two different EARs, each containing a WAR, into a Websphere 5.1.1  application server which uses a shared JVM.  Both Cactus tests(one from each WAR) run successfully from the browser if they are the first and only to run after the server is started.  If I attempt to run the second Cactus test after the first one successfully runs, I receive the following error:
org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to get the test results at http://localhost:9080/application1_web/ServletRedirectorSecure
The cactus.contextURL contains the URL of the first test that ran.   Below are the two test URLs.

http://localhost:9080/application1_web/ServletTestRunner?suite=com.abc.WMServletTest

http://localhost:9080/application2_web/ServletTestRunner?suite=com.abc.QAServletTest

Does Cactus support running two different WARs in the same JVM?   If so, how do I configure Cactus?

Re: Cactus 1.6.1 Tests from Two Different WARs Deployed in Same JVM

Posted by Kazuhito SUGURI <su...@lab.ntt.co.jp>.
Hi Jeremy,

In article <D2...@usmsg012.leinternal.com>,
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:22:03 -0600,
"Fredrich, Jeremy D" <Je...@landsend.com> wrote:
Jeremy> I have deployed two different EARs, each containing a WAR,
Jeremy> into a Websphere 5.1.1  application server which uses a shared JVM.
Jeremy> Both Cactus tests(one from each WAR) run successfully from the browser
Jeremy> if they are the first and only to run after the server is started.
Jeremy> If I attempt to run the second Cactus test after the first one
Jeremy> successfully runs, I receive the following error:
Jeremy> org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to get the test results at http://localhost:9080/application1_web/ServletRedirectorSecure
Jeremy> The cactus.contextURL contains the URL of the first test that ran.

This is the limitation of the ServletTestRunner.

The context-url the ServletTestRedirector uses is stored as a system
(i.e. jvm wide) property and is initialized once when the class is loaded
for the first time.

See also:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg06966.html

Regards,