Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Leis, Matthias - SID-NLKM" <Ma...@sid.sachsen.de> on 2010/07/21 11:33:03 UTC

Testing JSF/Spring application

Hi!

I'm trying to test a JSF-Application with JMeter. I recorded a few
interactions and followed the instructions from
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JSF_test_with_SUN_implementation.
The application uses Spring Webflow. The URL includes a parameter
"execution". So the complete URL for the first call of the application
looks like:
http://localhost:8080/spring/main-flow?execution=e1s1. When I click on a
button, to get to the next page, my browser sends a POST request with
all the necessary parameters to the URL
http://localhost:8080/spring/main-flow?execution=e1s1, gets a http 302
with a redirect to http://localhost:8080/spring/main-flow?execution=e1s2
(notice s2 at the end) and makes a GET to this URL and I get the next
page.

With JMeter my HTTP Requests are similar, but when I execute the test,
after the POST to http://localhost:8080/spring/main-flow?execution=e1s1,
the GET request points also to
http://localhost:8080/spring/main-flow?execution=e1s1 (resulting in
getting the same page again), although the URL in the HTTP Request
element points to http://localhost:8080/spring/main-flow?execution=e1s2
(s2 at the end).

What am I doing wrong? Is there some experience with JMeter and Spring
Webflow?
Many thanks in advance!

Regards

Matthias