Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2004/06/01 10:13:46 UTC

Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>> The ASF board decided not to accept Steven's resigns until the PMC
>> itself came up with a new informed decision on who should follow him.
>>
>> This means that Steven remains the chair until the board ratifies it.
>>
>> Here I would like to start the nominations (in no particular order):
>>
>>  - Vadim Gritsenko
>>  - Sylvain Wallez
>>  - Matthew Langham
>>  - Gianugo Rabellino
>>  [- Bertrand Delacretaz]
>>
>> Bertrand already rejected the nomination but I still wanted to
>> mention him as being part of my list.
>>
>> Given my participation as a board director, and as coherence with my
>> past public and private actions, I will not accept a nomination as
>> the Cocoon PMC chair.
>>
>> If you think somebody else should be in the ballot that is not listed
>> above, please add him/her to the list.
>>
>> If you are listed and you don't want to accept the nomination, please
>> say so.
>>
>> As for the duty of the PMC chair, I think that a great chair is
>> somebody that doesn't do much at all and makes sure to collect the
>> feedback and pass it along to the board, or make sure that board
>> actions are passed down to the PMC.
>>
>> The PMC chair should not be doing stuff for others, it should just be
>> the social bridge between two different communities.
>

> damn, this was supposed to go to pmc@cocoon.apache.org.
>
> Oh well. Sorry about that ;-)

I see no problem with the PMC election process occuring in public.
There's nothing confidential in it.

Ah, and contrarily to last year, I do accept the nomination ;-)

Sylvain

Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 1 Jun 2004, at 10:17, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

>> Ah, and contrarily to last year, I do accept the nomination ;-)
>>

> And you get my reliefed +1 in return. :-)

Gianugo, you're _so_ lazy! :-P

+1 for Sylvain

	Pier

Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
On Jun 1, 2004, at 10:13 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>>  - Vadim Gritsenko
>>>  - Sylvain Wallez
>>>  - Matthew Langham
>>>  - Gianugo Rabellino
>>>  [- Bertrand Delacretaz]
>
> Ah, and contrarily to last year, I do accept the nomination ;-)

And you get my reliefed +1 in return. :-)

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Bertrand Delacretaz dijo:
> Le 1 juin 04, à 10:13, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
>> ...I see no problem with the PMC election process occuring in public.
>> There's nothing confidential in it.
>
> +1

Same here: +1.

>> ...Ah, and contrarily to last year, I do accept the nomination ;-)
>
> Good news!
> +1 for Sylvain.

+1

> (now, if several people accept, how do we choose between these bright
> nice dedicated gentlemen ;-)

+1 too! :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 1 juin 04, à 10:13, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
> ...I see no problem with the PMC election process occuring in public.
> There's nothing confidential in it.

+1

> ...Ah, and contrarily to last year, I do accept the nomination ;-)

Good news!
+1 for Sylvain.

(now, if several people accept, how do we choose between these bright
nice dedicated gentlemen ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
> +1
> (couldn't resist ;-)

:-) and i couldn't resist the chance to practice
my new Forrest chairperson skills. Good luck to
whoever gets the Cocoon job.

--David

Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:

>It is very confusing when people use the "+1" thing
>in general conversation. What are you plussing?
>
>The nominations should be made and the nominees themselves
>either accept or reject. There is no voting to be done
>until we have clear nominations in front of us.

+1
(couldn't resist ;-)

--
Reinhard

Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le 1 juin 04, à 11:48, David Crossley a écrit :

> It is very confusing when people use the "+1" thing
> in general conversation. What are you plussing?

In my case, showing agreement/appreciation about what's being said.
Sorry if this is confusing, point taken.

> ...The nominations should be made and the nominees themselves
> either accept or reject. There is no voting to be done
> until we have clear nominations in front of us.

100% agreed (now I have to refrain from saying +1 here ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: [PMC-IMP] Candidates for PMC chair (was Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations)

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
On Jun 1, 2004, at 2:37 PM, Matthew Langham wrote:

>> Also, the list proposed by Stefano isn't restrictive and
>> other PMC members can be nominated or nominate themselves.
>>

> I nominate:
>
> Andrew Savory
> Gianugo Rabellino (again, just to make sure he doesn't forget to
> accept or
> decline :-))

Given the current candidates, it will already be difficult enough to
choose. As I said on the PMC list, also, I'll be starting a big Cocoon
based project here which will require me an important onsite presence,
so I will risk to have very little time to devote to this task. So, I'm
declining but feel very proud about being nominated: so much proud that
I'll be glad to nominate myself for the 2005 PMC elections. :-)

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: [PMC-IMP] Candidates for PMC chair (was Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations)

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
Hi,

On 1 Jun 2004, at 13:37, Matthew Langham wrote:

>> Also, the list proposed by Stefano isn't restrictive and
>> other PMC members can be nominated or nominate themselves.
> I nominate:
>
> Andrew Savory
> Gianugo Rabellino (again, just to make sure he doesn't forget to
> accept or
> decline :-))

I accept the nomination, thanks. Tough competition though ;-)

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/

RE: [PMC-IMP] Candidates for PMC chair (was Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations)

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
> Also, the list proposed by Stefano isn't restrictive and
> other PMC members can be nominated or nominate themselves.

I nominate:

Andrew Savory
Gianugo Rabellino (again, just to make sure he doesn't forget to accept or
decline :-))

Matthew

[PMC-IMP] Candidates for PMC chair (was Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations)

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Matthew Langham wrote:

>>The nominations should be made and the nominees themselves either acceptor reject.

Also, the list proposed by Stefano isn't restrictive and other PMC
members can be nominated or nominate themselves.

>Yepp - we were getting ahead of ourselves I think. Anyway, as stated in the last mail, I accept my nomination.

So let's build the list of candidates. In order for people to have
enough time to jump in, I propose to close the list tomorrow, June 2, at
14:00 CEST (GMT+0200) and start a vote afterwards. This makes 24 hours
from now on and 48 hours after Stefano's initial post.

The candidates to the PMC chair are:
- Matthew Langham
- Sylvain Wallez
(add your name here if you're a PMC member and candidate).

Sylvain

RE: [heads up] PMC chair nominations

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Matthew Langham wrote:

>Looks like this thread is now stuck to the dev list :).

>I was very honored by the nomination and would have been willing to step up
>to bat if no-one else was interested. But, Sylvain has already accepted his
>nomination, received a couple of votes and would be a good choice for PMC
>chair.
>
>So here's my +1 for Sylvain also.

Well, thanks all for your support, but I wouldn't like to be the new PMC
chair simply because I was the first one to make my voice heard!

Sylvain

RE: [heads up] PMC chair nominations

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.