Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ken Sandney <bl...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/16 12:59:44 UTC

Any optimization strategy?

Hi,

I am just doing a simple insert test with a cluster of two nodes, but seems
relatively slow: about 1000 rows/second. The test box are normal PC, 2GB
RAM, Intel E3200 2.4GHz. Are there any general optimization strategy?

Thanks

Re: Any optimization strategy?

Posted by Ken Sandney <bl...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at the insert benchmark result, it shows almost linear increment
with threads number. At last it was about 40000 rows/s with 1000 threads, is
this normal?

[root@localhost py_stress]# python stress.py -n 200000 -t 50 -c 10 -d

Posted by Ken Sandney <bl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.