Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Siva <sb...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/01 07:48:50 UTC

Flink Streaming API

Hello Everyone,

I m new to Flink, wanted to try streaming API using flink-kafka connector
in scala.

But there are several versions of it. Please could some one help on below
questions

what are the differences between flink-streaming-core and
flink-sreaming-scala[java]?

Latest version of flink-streaming-scala of 0.10.2 version, does it mean
that streaming development in scala can only use Flink 0.10.2 not the
latest one 1.0.3?

what is difference between flink-connector-kafka-base and
flink-connector-kafka-0.x.x? Is
flink-connector-kafka-0.9-2_11 compatible with Kafka 0.10.0?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Siva

Re: Flink Streaming API

Posted by Siva <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Till,

Thanks for your response. I m able to use flink-connector-kafka-0.9-2_11
with Kafka v10 to produce and consume messages.

Thanks,
Sivakumar Bhavanari.

Re: Flink Streaming API

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.