Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dzmitry Petrushenka <dp...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/23 15:12:22 UTC

matched terms are not highlighted

Hi All!

Has anyone ever had the following problem...

If use FastVectorHighlighter and  boundaryScanner with hl.bs.type set to
SENTENCE there are situations when not all matched terms are highlighted
in fragments.

I.e.

1. FastVectorHighlighter generates FieldFragList with info on what terms
to highlight

(org.apache.lucene.search.vectorhighlight.FastVectorHighlighter.getFieldFragList(FragListBuilder,
FieldQuery, IndexReader, int, String, int))

2. but then boundaryScanner extends fragment further to keep entire
SENTENCE. I guess it just adds text till the nearest dot. If there are any
matching terms in that text added they not get highlighted (the reason is
that in 1. there is no terms highlight info for the text added).

Has anyone was able to get the entire fragment terms highlighting and
preserve sentence boundaries at the same time?

I guess that solution can be just not generate fragments but highlight the
entire text and fragment it myself.

What do you think guys?

Thanx,